As a rural tourism consultant and a local host voice support for the meaningful travelers, I almost frequently get one question in common – How to find a share taxi to this destination? Yes, it’s true that getting to the offbeat and rural destinations of North Bengalby one’s own access to the information is almost impossible. There are certain destinations where even google maps will not help you. That leaves the travelers who love the atmosphere of the homestays of West Bengal with one option, to hire a car. The travel cost hikes up beyond your budget, and it’s fairly unquestionable because of the remoteness and the rough conditions of the roads.
1. Which is the nearest Railway station to Suntalekhola?
2. What is the distance from Malbazar or New Mal Junction to Suntalekhola?
The distance from Malbazar to Suntalekhola is Approximately 28 kms. The driving distance is aorund 45 minutes.
3. What is the distance from NJP to Suntalekhola?
The distance from NJP to Suntalekhola is approximately, 83 Kms. The driving distance from NJP to suntalekhola is approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes. The driving distance can vary between the hired cars and shared taxi to Suntalekhola as Shared Taxi will always take longer time because of numorous stops.
How to Find a share taxi or a bus to Samsing Suntalekhola ?
New Jalpaiguri or (NJP) :
- After you arrive at NJP, head directly towards the exit and reach the parking area of the platform. Just head towards the auto-rickshaw parking area. You will find a number of auto-rickshaws that will hang the board saying ” Salugura to Njp”. Just check the one which will be about to leave the stand.You will find them waiting for the passengers to fill up. Remember they’ll only leave if it’s their turn in the list. Reconfirm by asking them if they will drop you at PC Mittal Bus Terminal.
- The charge is far less in comparison to hiring an auto-rickshaw. After you arrive PC Mittal Bus Terminal head towards the Ticket counter and aks for the Bus to Malbazar. Again you can also find a Bus directly to Samsing, but from Samsing you may again have to hire a car. However, it will cost you far less in comparison to hiring the car from NJP. I have mentioned Malbazar because you can get a share taxi from here that will directly take you to Samsing Suntalekhola. Please understand that Samsing and Suntalekhla are two different locations. Suntalekhola is 5 Kms farther from Samsing
- After you arrive Malbazar, check the time. there is number of share vehicles that you can board at Malbazar. These vehicles can reach you directly at Suntalekhola. The good thing is that all the drivers will know the address of all the homestays of Suntalekhola, so you can take there help to locate it.Here is the time-table of the share taxis ( Mahindra Savari Vehicle ) that you can catch at Malbazar. Please note that vehicles in North Bengal are known by their names rather than vehicle numbers.
For any inquiry regarding Share taxi to any offbeat destinations of North Bengal, Sikkim and Bhutan , please feel free to contact our respective local hosts (click here)