Now, for all those couchsurfers who are always keen on digging out the cozy homes in the remotest areas of Darjeeling and Sikkim, here is some needy information for you all. Now you may still be wondering that how come the word ” Homestay” is hanging in between the catchy title ” Couch surfing“. Although both have quite a different perspective when looked through a couchsurfer and a budget traveler’s view, they are both nearly the same. In this context, this post will talk more about the Couchsurfing and homestays hosts of Darjeeling and Sikkim.
Who are the hosts of Couchsurfing in Darjeeling and Sikkim?
The term has now become more famous from and has turned into a high ranking niche among the budget travelers, hitchhikers, backpackers, solo travelers, etc. As the name suggests, it is a simple way of exchanging your support to the fellow travelers. The ttravelers whom you may or may not know personally. You share your room or in a more trendy language a couch with the travelers who want to visit the nearby places of your location. They make adjustments as more commonly there is no charges or money involved. Instead, it’s like a free and open invitation from the traveler to the hosts to visit their place and share their home. So, in this scenario, it works out better if both the hosts and the traveler are hardcore travelers. Also, you may have to compromise regarding the comfort level of your stay, differences in the food habit, and many more because of you
But in the case of rural locations of Darjeeling and Sikkim, it may not be the same. The hosts may never travel to the traveler’s place but still, they let their homes or rooms and couches open for the travelers just in curiosity of meeting new people for friendship. So unlike the hosts of Couchsurfing, the Couchsurfing and homestays hosts of Darjeeling and Sikkim are not all the same as the trend follows. If you really want to meet those hosts you can easily find them through Couchsurfing website.
Who are the hosts of Homestays of Darjeeling and Sikkim?
Unlike the hosts of Couchsurfing, the hosts of Homestays will certainly give their best to offer you their best services. The biggest thing here is that you have to bear the charges of your stay and food. The charge can be a minimum amount. In both the concept, you will stay with the local hosts of the destinations, share their culture and traditions, and even get their best suggestion being a part of their life though even for a short period of time. Though there are many websites and platforms to contact the local host of Darjeeling and Sikkim, most of them only give out their contact details after you create a booking. So, again you are left out of solving your main desire and that is communicating with the local hosts before you plan your travel.
Now, what if you get both the Couchsurfing and Homestays Hosts of Darjeeling and Sikkim inside one frame…
Wouldn’t it be great? No prior bookings involved, no stranger host involved, all clear as the sky. You can get the best comfortable rooms that anyone would pay for as much as willingly, most lovable and cultured hosts who would help you in designing your best travel plans all across the other destinations and many more. Quite excited, but please remember nothing comes in free.
Meaningful Travel has now opened a platform bringing together all the local hosts of West Bengal, Sikkim, and North-East India. The hosts are not just confined to Tourism Business but are hosts for volunteers, trekkers, filmmakers, writers, and all the kinds of professionals. The professionals who travel to these Himalayan states of India in search of a meaning. So here are the things you can get from the Couchsurfing and homestays hosts of Darjeeling and Sikkim who are associated with Meaningful Travel :
- Reach Hundreds through one. All the hosts from different locations are linked to each other through Meaningful Travel. So you can plan for any destinations just by contacting one host. No hassles of finding accommodations and suggestions separately.
- Talk with them prior to booking our tour. Forget all the hassles of pulling out your host’s profile only after making a booking, how commercial? Here talk freely with the hosts even before you make your booking. Ask as many questions and get the perfect routes. Diversify your choices, and in the end, they won’t even mind if you decline your plan for booking.
- They’re not Pushy. There are no targets, goals on the other side. So forget, that someone’s trying to sell you smelly or rotten fish. It’s upon you, whether you want it or not. The hosts you are talking to have their own world. Some are farmers, some are teachers and likewise many professions. It’s just that they have rented their extra space to pull out some extra cash along with fun.
- And many more.
How can you find your Host for Darjeeling and Sikkim?
Now as mentioned earlier nothing comes free. You can either pay a minimum amount that will be told to you by the host consultant or here are the things you can do to in exchange:
- Write a blog or a story about your experience with the hosts. Link to meaningful travel or if you don’t have a website or a blog then to use in this blog. All the homestays separately.
- Socialize it with your friends through your social networking sites to grow attraction of your fellow mates.
- Recommend travelers through comments in travel forums, and leave your true comments.
- Share your amazing photographs with us about your tour and stay in Darjeeling, Sikkim and North-East India.
So now you got the options. Make a small payment and enjoy the best of couch surfing and homestays hosts of Darjeeling and Sikkim. So forget about digging the sites to meet the true local hosts and find one of them here at meaningful Travel.