- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Inquire for Booking
To bring a smile on your partner’s face, you may spend a cozy evening with him or her in the elongated beach of Junput where you would not be disturbed by any unwanted crowd or noise. Junput sea beach is treated as ‘Legacy of Midnapore’. During low tide, this pristine sea beach gets more widened. Long beach walks, beautiful sunrises, business of the local fishermen, aromatic smell & taste of fresh Lobsters and Pomfrets are the pieces of tranquility in Junput sea beach.
Apart from the scenic beauty of beach and sea, there are many attractive destinations in and around Junput sea beach. If you have time, then don’t miss the chance to pay a short visit at the following places:
- Shiv temple of Egra, and
- Old Tamralipta town.
All these spots are easily reachable by local transports.
In South Bengal, Junput is lovingly considered as a newly developed beach resort. Being located at a distance of just 9 km from Contai, it is well connected by train-bus and other public transports from any place in and around Bengal.
- To avail the beach by train, you have to board on any of the Digha-bound trains to reach Contai station from where local auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws are available to drop you at the sea beach.
- If you are travelling by bus then you have to catch a bus towards Digha from Esplanade bus terminus (Kolkata) and take a halt at Contai bus stand. Junput sea beach is 40 km away from Digha and direct buses ply regularly between Digha and Junput.
- To reach Junput from central Kolkata or Netaji Subhas International Airport (Dum dum), you have to take a drive through Contai road and Junput would be a left turn from Contai.
- At a distance of 1 km from Junput Bazaar, there is Junput Resort - the only available accommodation in Junput. The rooms are equipped with all modern facilities and are available at an affordable price. No spot booking is accepted here so it is recommended to ring them in advance.
- There are many local dhabas and bistros near Junput sea beach. Authentic fish dominated Bengali dishes are served here. Whenever you are in Junput, don't forget to relish the fresh Lobsters, Pomfrets and Shutki preparation (bone-dried fish).
Sunset at JunputOn a sudden plan, I along with my friends reached Esplanade bus terminus (Kolkata) to catch a bus towards Digha. But on the way we unanimously decided that no more holiday in Digha, we must explore a new beach so the first name came on our mind was - Junput beach. So we bought the tickets for Contai and requested the conductor to drop us at Contai. After a bus ride of approx 3 hours, we reached Contai and got an auto-rickshaw whose driver agreed to take us at the resort. Finally at late afternoon, we arrived at Junput resort and we were lucky enough to get two rooms for us (without prior booking). On our earnest request, the resort owner arranged the rooms for us within an hour and we were also grateful to him as he also brought some food for us from the local eateries. Taking some rest in our rooms, we rushed to the beach as we couldn't afford to miss the beautiful sunset. The picturesque reddish orange beauty of the beach while the sun was kissing the horizon just made us spellbound. In the evening, we took a stroll around the beach, enjoyed crispy fish fries and walked too & fro in the wet sand. Our night at Junput resort was charmed with piping hot dinner, sea food, good music and sound sleep.
In and around JunputWe decided earlier to explore Junput on our next day. So in early morning we went to the main beach to capture the mesmerizing sunrise and bustling activities of the local fishermen. Then we headed towards Cultivation and Research center of Brackish water fish & it was at a walking distance from the beach. Coming back to our resort, we got ready, finishing quickly a healthy breakfast that was served by the resort owner. We hired an auto-rickshaw and dealt with the driver to take us for a tour around the nearby attractions of Contai. Firstly, he took us to Dariapur which is enriched with the treasure of 'Dokra' arts. There was a light house too from whose top we enjoyed a panoramic view of the city. The famous 'Kapalkundala Temple' is located in Dariapur and we were lucky enough to get the glimpses of such historic residue. Our next destination was Hijli that was claimed to be a small yet busy sea port of old days. Marshida is another place near Contai and a temple of Jagannath Dev was built here 400 years ago. Then we moved towards Egra which houses an ancient Shiv temple that was built in 1560-62 and the temple is still enlightened as an example of Indian style of architecture. Finally, we returned back to the resort at late afternoon and checked out from there after enjoying a tasty fish-dominated lunch. The auto-driver dropped us at Contai bus stand from where we boarded on a bus bounding Kolkata. It is always said that a trip without planning definitely gives a spark and our sudden trip at Junput proved its worth. The unexploited sea beach, the rich heritage of Contai and the peaceful atmosphere encouraged us to go for exploring more hidden places like Junput.
For further details, please contact the local host.
For further details, please contact the local host.
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)PaxPrice
No Details Found