Being the latest venture of rural tourism, Tinchuley Homestays has become one of the favorite destinations for travel lovers. At around 6000 feet…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Inquire for Booking
Being the latest venture of rural tourism, Tinchuley Homestays has become one of the favorite destinations for travel lovers. At around 6000 feet altitude, this ‘Eco-friendly Rural Hamlet’ with some of the best homestays of West Bengal welcomes all its visitors with warm hospitality and gratitude. If you are looking for a peaceful escape from your daily hectic schedule then Tinchuley homestay located in this homely village – Tinchuley would be an ideal destination for you. As an important key destination of Darjeeling’s rural tourism, Tinchuley is enriched with Mt. Kanchenjunga, meandering Teesta river, orange orchard and widespread tea gardens. Tinchuley is also a promising picturesque eco-spot for bird lovers as well as photography lovers.
Whenever you are in Tinchuley, you would be pleased to enjoy a blissful night in the lap of nature along with the involvement of Culture and tradition at Tinchuley. The cool mountain breeze, chilled Teesta water, loads of greenery and unexploited fresh environment would help you to get rid of your tedious fatigue. During your comfortable stay at Tinchuley homestays, you may also engage in different refreshing activities such as –
- Two-hours’ splendid drive through enchanting mountains,
- Making your feet wet in the crystal clear water of Teesta,
- A leisure walk through the orchard or tea gardens of Darjeeling,
- River rafting at Melli,
- Nature walk through the evergreen forest of Choto Mangwa.
Rental cars are available from Tinchuley for sightseeing and tripping Darjeeling or Chota Mangwa.
This small yet beautiful village Tinchuley is closest to Teesta Bazaar of Darjeeling district. As we know that North Bengal's queen- Darjeeling is well connected with major cities by rail, road and sky so its 'yet-to-be-explored' eco-friendly village Tinchuley is also easily accessible by road.
- Bagdogra Airport is the nearest airport from Tinchuley. It will take around 3.5 hours to reach Tinchuley from Bagdogra by car. Frequent shared and private rental cars heading towards Tinchuley or Darjeeling, are available from Bagdogra airport.
- New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) is Tinchuley's nearest railway station. Regular super fast express trains - Darjeeling Mail, Kanchankanya Express, Uttarbanga Express etc. ply between Sealdah or Howrah Railway station (Kolkata) and NJP. From NJP station's entrance, plenty of shared or private cars head towards Tinchuley at an affordable cost and the journey takes approximately 3 hours.
- AC/Non AC Volvo buses also depart daily from Esplanade bus terminus (Kolkata) and from other particular towns to arrive at Siliguri bus stand. Shared and private rental vehicles are easily available from Siliguri bus stand to reach Tinchuley or Teesta bazaar.
- Darjeeling's nearest town- Takdah is just 3 km away from Tinchuley.
- Many resorts and homestays have now sprung up within the periphery of Tinchuley village and those assure a secure comfortable stay to the visitors. Warm hospitality and friendliness of these homestays are gradually appreciated by all travellers. All the wooden rooms of these homestays & resorts are well-decked with all modern facilities along with basic necessities.
- Traditional home made hilly style Bengali dishes are served here in a healthy & hygienic way. In local nearby eateries, delicious Darjeeling special delicacies are sold at minimal price.
Feeling refreshed at TinchuleyTo avail the healthy benefits of rural eco-tourism I decided to spend a holiday at Tinchuley. I booked my ticket earlier so on scheduled date, I boarded on Darjeeling Mail from Sealdah Railway station. Next morning at around 9 am, I got off the train at NJP station. The clear sky and pleasant weather of Siliguri made me happy while stepping out from the NJP Station. As per the booking, the cab driver (arranged by the homestay) was waiting for me at the entrance. I got into the car and headed towards Darjeeling. On the way, we took a halt to enjoy a cup of aromatic Darjeeling tea accompanied by healthy steamed momos. The cab dropped me at Tinchuley homestay at around 1:30 pm. The road trip from Siliguri to Tinchuley was itself a breathtaking experience. The scenic beauty of the hills, the fresh air and the crystal clear view of the hill tops already refreshed me completely. At homestay, I was cordially welcomed by the smiling faces of my hosts. The atmosphere of such well decorated homestay obliged me to forget that I was far away from my own nest. I quickly indulged into a healthy conversation with the family members over a glass of welcome drink. One of my hosts led me to a neatly arranged room, allotted for me. Taking a shower with hot water in the attached bathroom, I joined them in lunch. My host affectionately served me a traditional Bengali thali and I was wondered to know that all the dishes were freshly prepared from homely produced organic vegetables. Finishing such a lovely lunch, I spent some lonely hours at the balcony to observe hill's own beauty. In late afternoon, I along with one of my young hosts went outside to explore the village. We take a stroll around the artistically designed tiny households of this beautiful hamlet. I spent some relaxing hours in the banks of meandering Teesta river and got acquainted with a troop of colourful migratory birds. In late evening, the temperature fell suddenly and we returned back to the homestay. In front of the fireplace, I got a chance to know more about the history and development of Tinchuley from my friendly host as well as homestay owner. We all had dinner together and I dozed off under my warm quilt.
Getting connected with eco-tourismAs per earlier discussion with my local host cum guide, I chalked out my destinations to be covered. So I woke up early to capture the splendid sunrise from the back of Mt. Kanchenjunga. The first sun ray kissing the crystal clear hill top made me spell bound. My happy morning at Tinchuley was energized more by the cup of aromatic authentic flavoured Darjeeling tea. After breakfast I got ready quickly and took my seat in the pre booked car. The friendly cab driver took me firstly for a two-hours' ride through the magnificent mountain ranges. Then he dropped me at Chota Mangwa that was also a small village in the lap of Himalayas. I enjoyed a nature walk through the evergreen calm forest of Chota Mangwa. Next I opted for a leisure walk through the Orange orchard and fully green tea garden. After that, we moved towards Malley where I took a exciting round of River Rafting. From Malley, we returned back to Tinchuley homestay where another mouth-watering lunch was waiting for me. After lunch, I picked up my rucksack and bid good bye to Tinchuley. It was really an emotional moment to get apart from such lovely place and loving hosts. With a promising note of coming back again, I got into the car to head towards Siliguri. On the way, I paid a short visit to the famous stops of Darjeeling including Batasia Loop & Tiger hill. I reached NJP in late evening and boarded on my scheduled train towards Kolkata from NJP station. Tinchuley's picturesque landscape, ever smiling dwellers, warm hospitality and essence of eco tourism created a unforgettable memory in my heart.
For further details, contact local host.
For further details, contact local host.
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found