- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Inquire for Booking
Are you bored of spending your holidays in the crowded beach of Bengal’s famous tourist spot Digha? If so then there is a yet-to-be-exploited hardly inhabited virgin sea beach just at a walking distance from Digha. This secret beach is named as Udaipur sea beach and it lies in Odisha borderline. Udaipur is actually a 3 km long beach just in between Digha main beach and Talasari beach. This clean white sand filled beach is surrounded by a long range of Casuarina trees. Being a lonely private romantic beach, Udaipur is popularly chosen as an ideal destination for honeymoon trips.
Besides enjoying leisure walks in the sea beach, playing with the sea waves or taking a bath in the calm sea water; you would also love to indulge yourself in Paragliding, Biking, camping, playing volleyball and lots more recreational activities offered by the beach authority. Talasari beach and Bichitrapur (at a distance of 25 km) are also nearby attractions of Udaipur beach. Whenever you are in Udaipur beach don’t miss the chance to taste mouth-watering dishes of crabs, crispy fries of jumbo prawns and other sea fishes from the makeshift stalls of the beach area.
As Udaipur beach is just 3 km away from Digha main beach so it is easily accessible from Digha. One can also make an entry into Udaipur from Odisha border.
- Tamralipta, Duranta, Kandari and some other express trains run weekly from Howrah (Kolkata) to Digha. From Digha station there are frequent public transports and hired cars that will drop you directly at Udaipur beach. If you are already in Digha then you may also take a cycle rickshaw or toto to reach Udaipur sea beach.
- Regular AC/Non AC Volvo buses depart from Esplanade bus terminus (Kolkata) and reach Digha within 4 hours. From Digha bus stand you may avail local vehicles to arrive at Udaipur sea beach.
- Nearest airport of Udaipur beach is Netaji Subhas International Airport (Dum Dum). You may also hire a private car from Kolkata airport to reach Udaipur beach through a drive of about 3-4 hours.
- Beautiful tents have been developed by West Bengal Govt. at a walking distance from main beach. The tents are well decked with all modern facilities although the cafeteria is not active. If you want to enjoy cozy moments with your spouse or partner in this romantic beach then these tent accommodations would be best choice for you. A budget hotel is also available in the beach area where comfortable stay along with meals are offered at an affordable price.
- Local Bengali cuisines served in local eateries and bistros of Udaipur beach are fully dominated by fresh sea foods. You may also order Bengali, North Indian, Chinese dishes from famous restaurants of Digha and the food would be delivered to you on time as per your prior request.
Mesmerizing view of the seaWhile tripping Digha, I planned earlier to spend a day in Udaipur beach. On scheduled date, I boarded on Duranto express from Howrah Station and reached Digha at around 2 pm. Without wasting more time, I ride on a toto from Digha station and it dropped me directly to Oceania Resort (only hotel of Udaipur beach till date). Hotel staffs welcomed me with a refreshing glass of fresh coconut water and took me to the well decorated room allotted for me. From the window pane of my room I took a quick glance of the calm sea. Then I headed towards the dining hall to enjoy a delicious Bengali lunch. In late afternoon I went outside and opted for a long leisure walk along the sea shore. The beach walk led me to the Mohona (Delta) where a few fishermen were still struggling to catch some fishes. At Delta, I witnessed the Sun hiding itself behind the horizon of the sea. While coming back towards the main beach, I could not resist myself to have a bite on the freshly fired aromatic sea fishes. In late evening, I spend some relaxing moments with the cool sea breeze at the sea shore. It was a great experience to see the high tides kissing the dry sand filled sea shores. The peaceful atmosphere and cool breeze gifted me a sound sleep at Udaipur beach.
Creating beautiful memories at Udaipur beachTo capture the marvelous sunrise over the sea horizon, I woke up early in the morning and rushed towards the beach. First rays of the Sun converted the beach into a mystic orange coloured dream land. While returning from the beach I paid a short visit to the nearby fishermen' huts where they were busy in sorting and selling fresh I recharged myself having a piping hot tea from the local beach side tea stall. At hotel, I quickly finished a healthy breakfast and went back to the beach again. For the first time I experienced an exciting Paragliding at Udaipur beach and it was so much fun. I also took part in the biking session arranged in the beach. Then I took a pleasant bath in the cool sea water and went back to the hotel to enjoy a delicious fishy lunch prepared by the resort's cook as per my customized order. You may also buy fresh fishes directly from the fishermen and request hotel authority or local eatery to cook the fish with your choice of flavour. After lunch I took my bag and headed towards Digha. From Digha you would get frequent buses or trains to return back to Kolkata. Blissful night, picturesque sunrise and sunset, exciting sports activities and warm hospitality of Udaipur beach gave me a memorable trip to be cherished for forever.
For details contact local host.
For details contact local host.