- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Inquire for Booking
At a distance of just 15 km from Kalimpong, Ramdhura is a newly explored gem of North Bengal. This tiny beautiful rural hamlet overlooks meandering river Teesta and snow clad majestic Mt. Kanchenjunga. Periphery of Ramdhura village is surrounded by a series of densely grown pine trees. Floating clouds kissing the hills as well as the village, splendid night view of the Kalimpong city flooded with flickering lights enhance the own beauty of this rural hamlet. Being located adjacent to popular tourist spot Delo (at a distance of 7 km only), Ramdhura is also considered as a relaxing halt while tripping Sillery gaon, Icchegaon, Pedong, Algarah and other destinations in and around Kalimpong.
Scenic beauty, breathtaking views of Mt. Kanchenjunga and sparkling river Teesta are well enough to rejuvenate yourself during your leisure at Ramdhura. You would also love to engage yourself in many more activities offered by Ramdhura village and its homestay owners –
- A village walk through the households of Ramdhura,
- Local short treks through the pine forests,
- A short tour around the Cinchona plantation and Godown,
- Hanuman Tak (viewpoint) and Mahadev Dham temple.
The homestay owners also arrange River rafting at Teesta river, Paragliding from Delo, Riverbed Hiking & rock climbing at Relli. You may also opt for jungle trekking or day sightseeing trip to Sillery gaon and Icchegaon from Ramdhura by hired jeep or car.
Ramdhura is easily accessible from Kalimpong. Pickup services of different homestays are available to cover the distance between Kalimpong and Ramdhura.
- New Jalpaiguri Railway station (NJP) is the nearest railway station from the village of Ramdhura. NJP is well connected to major cities like Kolkata and Guwahati. Several trains run daily between Kolkata and NJP. From entrance of NJP station you would easily get plenty of buses, private or shared cars, jeeps and public transports to reach Kalimpong. At Kalimpong you may take pickup services or shared vehicles to reach at the homestays of Ramdhura.
- If you are travelling by air then you have to land at Bagdogra airport that is 3 km away from Siliguri . Frequent buses, car, and other public vehicles head towards Kalimpong or directly to Ramdhura (as per availability) regularly.
- Regular Volvo AC/Non AC buses also ply between Esplanade bus terminus ( Kolkata) ton Siliguri bus stand. Connecting vehicles (private or shared or public) are easily available at the bus stand to transfer the tourists from Siliguri to Kalimpong. Pickup services (for Ramdhura) are accessible at any point of Kalimpong.
- At Ramdhura, there are a few budding homestays that offer spectacular view of Mt. Kanchenjunga and Teesta. All the wooden furnished rooms of these homestays are well decked with necessary modern facilities and the rooms include an ope-air terrace to let the guests enjoy an early morning breakfast accompanied by coffee while capturing the beauty of hills.
- Homemade hilly style Indian and Bengali cuisine are served in the homestays. To taste local delicacies ( like Momos, Thupkas etc) you have to check out local hill side eateries. The meals served at the homestays are prepared freshly with locally produced ingredients.
Being familiar with RamdhuraAs per my holiday plan, I boarded on Padatik Express from Sealdah Railway station (Kolkata) and reached New Jalpaiguri Railway station (NJP) on next mid morning. At NJP station, I immediately hired a shared jeep heading towards Kalimpong. During my journey from Siliguri to Kalimpong, I had a healthy breakfast (with piping hot Momos) in a roadside eatery and informed the homestay owner to send pickup car to Kalimpong. When I reached Kalimpong the pickup car was already there so I along with two other guests took seats and headed towards Ramdhura. Within few hours the car dropped us at the doorsteps of our homestay. It was late afternoon and all of us were craving for lunch so without any delay the hosts served us a freshly prepared hill style Bengali lunch. Finishing the lunch I went to my neatly arranged pre-allotted room. The cozy wooden furnished room was well decked with all modern facilities including attached baths and room heater. In the evening, I went outside to enjoy a village walk through Ramdhura. The homestay owner and his son accompanied me so I was able to interact with the local dwellers easily. We enjoyed a cup of masala tea at a local tea stall while listening to the interesting stories related to Ramdhura. Scenic beauty of this silent village, flickering view of the Kalimpong town, cool breeze and unpolluted atmosphere of this hamlet already gifted me a memorable trip at Ramdhura. The night offered me a sound sleep with the quilt's warmth following a delicious homemade dinner.
Getting close to natureEarly morning my sleepy eyes were opened when the sun rays entered into the room from window pane and I was immediately mesmerized by the crystal clear view of the Mt. Kanchenjunga and other Kalimpong hills. My morning was more delighted when I captured bird's eye view of meandering Teesta from the balcony while sipping a cup of Darjeeling tea. Having a healthy breakfast, I along with other guests got into a car that was pre-arranged by our homestay owner for sightseeing. Firstly, we enjoyed a short trek through the surrounding pine forest with our car driver cum guide. Then he took us to Honuman Tok (the view point) from where we were enchanted by the panoramic view of mountains and valleys. Our next destination was Mahadev Dham temple where we got a chance to worship an ancient shrink of Lord Shiva. We opted for another short trek through Cinchona Plantation & warehouse. Finally we paid a short visit to nearby Delo Nature park before coming back to our homestay. At Delo, some of us experienced an exciting Paragliding session. A special traditional lunch awaited for us in our homestay and we emptied our plates in no time. After lunch, I packed my bag and headed towards my next destination Icchegaon. On prior request the homestay owner offers drop services up to Kalimpong from where you would get frequent public transports, shared or private cars to reach Siliguri or any other destination. Holy scenic beauty of Ramdhura, Spectacular views of mountains, river & valleys, ever smiling faces of native villagers and warm hospitality of the homestay owners portrayed a colourful picture of Ramdhura in my heart.
For further details, contact the local host.
For further details, contact the local host.
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)PaxPrice
No Details Found