- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Nachan is basically a majestic small village which has been developed just beside an elongated lake created by a dam. The Nature bungalow of Nachan is set up on the banks of the lake and it is surrounded by neatly maintained flower beds, patches of greenery and the eye-soothing Palash forest. If you are tired of your bustling city life and want to taste the thrills of an adventurous trip then Nachan will definitely never disappoint you. Nearby attractions of Nachan include –
- Garh jungle – the dense Sal forest,
- Kenduli – birthplace of the renowned poet Joydev.
- Ruins of Icchai Ghosh’s Deul,
- Durgapur Barrage.
All these places are easily accessible by local transports.
At a distance of around 188 km from the busy chores of Kolkata, Nachan has become popular among the nature lovers as an offbeat weekend destination. Landscape of this beautiful village Nachan is enriched with the calm lake, nearby log gates, loads of greenery, widely stretched paddy fields and lots more. To spend a splendid day and a peaceful night in the lap of nature, you must plan a short trip at Nachan.
- If you are travelling by train then you have to reach at Durgapur Railway station via local or express trains from Howrah (Kolkata) or Bandel or any feasible station of this route. At the premises of Durgapur railway station you will easily get hire car or private taxi to reach at Nachan which is around 22km far from Durgapur. Plenty of regular buses are also available from Esplanade (Kolkata) heading towards Durgapur. Nearest airports of Nachan are – Netaji Subhas International Airport (Dumdum) and Andal airport. Nachan is connected by Durgapur and Kolkata by NH19. Hired car or taxis will take you directly to the Nature bungalow of Nachan.
- Till date Nature Bungalow of Nachan is the only option to enjoy an adventurous night amidst the forest area of Nachan. It overlooks the lake and garden. Full bungalow is allotted to a single group only on prior reservation. Each room of it is decked with all modern basic facilities. While staying in this forest bungalow you have to shop your daily food supplies from the local village market and handover those to the caretaker who will willingly cook your favorite dishes within the stipulated time. This mysterious forest bungalow has more than enough specialties to pump up your adrenaline during your stay here.
Take a stroll around the villageAs I started my journey at early morning and got the connecting vehicles on time so I reached at Nachan within afternoon. After settling down in the bungalow rooms I went out to the local market to buy my necessary food supplies for dinner. Handing over the necessary items to the caretaker I opted for an evening walk through the surrounding forest area as well as adjacent villages. At the adjacent small rural tea stalls I enjoyed piping hot tea in an earthen clown along with some freshly fried yummy pakoras. In the mystic night at Nachan forest bungalow I dozed off early with continuous humming of shrimp insects. If you are tripping in a group then late night gossip in such wild atmosphere would be an add-on to your excitement.
Inhaling fresh air at unpolluted NachanChirping of birds woke me up early in the morning and I rushed quickly to complete a long morning walk on the clean lake side area. During the walk, I clicked a good number of pictures of clouds floating over the lake water and connected my soul with this silent forest. After having a healthy breakfast at the bungalow, I went out for exploring the beauty of Nachan. Apart from sightseeing along and around the dense Sal forest, I also enjoyed watching different migratory birds in the nearby marsh lands. Boating and picnicking are also exciting activities done in the Nachan Lake and Durgapur barrage area. After completing a stroll through the Garh jungle I paid a short visit to the Kenduli village which is recognized popularly as the birthplace of Poet Joydev. At the end of the jungle border you would also be able to encounter some remnants of Icchai Ghosh’s Deul which is basically dedicated to Goddess Bhagabati. My trip came to an end after finishing a short tour around the log gates of Durgapur barrage.Enjoying my choice of lunch at the dining area of forest bungalow I took a seat to my pre booked hired car which dropped me safely to Durgapur railway station from where I easily got trains towards Kolkata. You may also get shared car to reach at Durgapur bus depot from where you will get plenty of buses towards your destination. An adventurous day at the Nature bungalow of Nachan and scenic beauty of this village will surely boost your energy to live your life at the fullest.
Please contact local host for details
Please contact local host for details
No Details Found