- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Inquire for Booking
The virgin sea beach of Bankiput has not been exploited till date and it is flourished with its own serenity and unpolluted environment. Being situated at a distance of around 160 km from the busiest city Kolkata, Bankiput sea beach is an ideal gateway for the nature as well as peace lovers. As it has not been developed as a popular tourist spot so in your trip at Bankiput you would be pleased to have some cozy lonely moments with your friends and family.
Whenever you are at Bankiput sea beach, the following destinations must be included in your list of ‘must-to-visit’ places:
- Main beach of Bankiput,
- Kapalkundala temple,
- Dariapur Light house, and
- Deshpran fishing harbour.
All the destinations are easily accessible by local public transport or private cars.
- Although the beach is accessible by means of public transports but you may reach Bankiput sea beach from Kolkata directly by your own private car or hired vehicle. If you are travelling by train, then you have to board on any Digha bound train from Howrah station (Kolkata) to reach at Kanthi station. The journey will take about 3 hours. After disembarking at Kanthi station, you will get shared cars or private cars which ply to Bankiput sea beach.
- Jhinuk Residency and Bankiput guest house are the only two available accommodations in Bankiput sea beach. Prior booking is recommended to assure your stay in this beach. These two hotels are contained with a good number of fully equipped double-bedded rooms along with inside dining options.
Getting attached with the sea beachWhether you are travelling by own car or public transport, it is suggested to reach Bankiput sea beach before sunset as the number of transports decreases in late afternoon. At my arrival in my pre-booked hotel, I was warmly welcomed by the hotel authorities and my choice of welcome drink was served immediately. After taking a short nap I went out for a long evening walk in the adjacent villages. A pleasant night walk on the elongated beach of Bankiput would also be a wonderful experience for you. Customized dinner (with my choice of sea food) was served in my hotel room without any delay. After relishing delicious dinner I opted to have a good sleep with the cool sea breeze.
It's time to explore the beachMy day at Bankiput sea beach was started by enjoying an early morning jog in the clean sandy beach. After having a shower followed by a healthy breakfast, I went for taking a tour around the beach area. Unexplored sea beach of Bankiput is dotted with dense Casuarina groves. While I was walking along the sea shore, I had a broad smile to see the red crabs popping their little heads from the burrows during low tide. Have you read or heard about the famous novel ‘Kapalkundala’ of Sir Bankim Chandra Chattopadhya? If so then you would love to pay a visit at the Kapalkundala temple which is located the sea beach. Within 3km of the central beach of Bankiput there is a historic Dariapur Light house from whose top floor I was mesmerized to capture the panoramic view of the sea as well as the whole city. Another attraction of this beach is the picturesque fishing harbour at Petuaghat which is adjacent to the sea beach. All these destinations were easily covered by hiring a local van or toto. My day-trip at Bankiput sea beach was completed by having a mouth-watering Bengali cuisine in nearby eateries.At prior information I got a hired car at the door step of my hotel and the car dropped me to Kanthi bus stand from where I easily got a direct bus heading Esplanade. I reached my home at late evening. The scenic beauty of the Bankiput sea beach and warm hospitality of the local dwellers will compel you to pay a visit here again.
You can discuss this with our host after customizing your travel plan.
No details found.
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
Yes. You can. You just need to book this tour ( Booking a tour doesnt mean making a payment), and one of our local host will give you a call.